Rare and wonderful; this delightfully reimagined home has undergone a complete transformation, emerging as a hipper, fresher, not to mention, much larger, California Craftsman with a decidedly "cool" factor. Just two blocks off College Avenue, this thoughtfully renovated property offers formal living and dining rooms, spacious chef's kitchen w/adjoining family room, accordion-glass wall, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, including an inviting primary ensuite, guest room, office, and a fantastic media room upstairs. An inviting sunny deck w/southern exposure connects the kitchen to the patio below, and a rebuilt detached garage and basement offer tremendous storage or flex space. Just steps to trendy shops & restaurants, the Rockridge BART Station, and with easy access to HWYs 24 & 580, this conveniently located and turn-key property offers convenient living in a highly-coveted location.
5587 LAWTON AVENUE AMENITIES
- New Gas Furnace - Bryant system for first floor.
- New Electric Heating and Cooling system second floor - Bryant systems
- NEST thermostat controls
- Outdoor unit heat pump, NEST controlled
- Solar System - Photovoltaic System Size 4.000KW, DC Power (STC) in place.
- Electrical upgrades
- New wires and electric system for entire house, including new electric panels and circuits
- All lighting is new
- Camera system wired through house
- Wifi system wired through house
- TV cables wired through house for 3 TV’s
- Flooring is Amber 5/16” x 2” White Oak Plain.
- Bathrooms have been fully renovated.
- Asbestos and lead paint have been removed.
- New insulation for roof, perimeter walls, interior wall and floor.
- Structural retrofit done to handle new loads. New footings incorporate the height of a potential future ADU addition in the basement.
- Private Sewer Lateral is compliant.
- Stucco for outdoor finishing incorporates color and extra waterproofing resistance.
- New, double panel windows were added where space was added. Original windows remaining were restored.
- All interior and exterior of home freshly painted.
- New roof has asphalt tiles, new gutters and downspouts added(Interstate roofing).
- Kitchen fully remodeled with new surfaces, cabinets, appliances, fixtures.
- Refrigerator Thermador 36” stainless steel built-in 2 door bottom freezer
- Range Thermador 6 burner
- Thermador speed oven
- Thermador dishwasher
- Thermador island hood. The external blower gives extra capacity.
- Powder room was added to the first floor
- New fireplace gas insert Liberty L34
- All wiring and fixtures are new
- Dining room cabinetry has been restored
- Exterior deck is 300+ sq. ft. and has been added.
- Kitchen/Family Nanowall is 17” long and has been added to improve indoor/outdoor flow
- Backyard french drains and infiltration drainage system installed
- Oaktree has been pruned and treated
- Back and front garden new landscaping
- New irrigation system installed
- New paver patio installed
- Expansion potential under house at ground level.
- The garage has been rebuilt. Including foundations, structure, roof and electric connection to the main house.
Cross Alcatraz Avenue, which divides Oakland and Berkeley, and you’ll find yourself in Rockridge, one of Oakland's most desirable, charming, and convenient neighborhoods. Housing in Rockridge is a combination of charming bungalows, cottages, classic Arts and Crafts dwellings, and large brown-shingle houses. Its leafy streets are mainly residential.
Rockridge offers an easy commute into San Francisco via the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station, as well as access to the University of California, Berkeley Campus. The 100-year-old, four-acre campus of the California College of Art and Crafts is nearby. Food-and-drink purveyors in Rockridge provide the best from around the world and local farms. Rockridge Market Hall, which takes its cue from the French Marché, offers numerous individual food and flower shops open to the sidewalk. Dozens of restaurants, cafes, and boutiques line bustling College Avenue, Rockridge's main drag.
Saturday, May 20, 2:00-4:30pm
Sunday, May 21, 2:00-4:30pm
Monday, May 22, 10:00am - 1:00pm
Thursday, May 25, 1:00am - 1:00pm
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Sarah Abel
Contact Julie Gardner
CompassDRE# 00928803415.990.7654 mobilesarahabel.com
CompassDRE# 01431765(510) 326-0840 mobilejuliegardner.com